Kian Spreeth a.k.a. Kreepture – Art & Interview
A distant cousin from South Africa – Kian has a fantastic satirical vibe combined with grungy illustrations and backdrop choices that make you wanna buy a tee.. or in my case go out and shoot film to fuck around with. Often slightly provocative (sometimes very) he is a young artist with controversy at heart. Fuckin’ love it.
Below is a selection of his work accompanied by an interview from Kian the Kreepture.
Give the kid a follow on instagram to keep up with his new stuff.
1. Do you listen to music while making your art, and which genres/artists?
Yeah i listen to music while i work, like who doesnt these days ? but i have a variety of music taste but my favourite has to be rap.
2. Is any of your art inspired by any of the music that you listen to?
Not realy, my art sometimes contains some hip hop and rap culture, but i try to keep it unique and pure ?
3. Is there one artist / piece / style that had a memorable impact on how you create?
Yes, A$AP Rocky, Travi$ Scott, XXXTENTACION and Ski Mask The Slump God ?
4. What does the best creative session involve for you? Any particular moods / settings / people / habits that help you get in the right mind set to create?
When Im baked out of my mind and in some calm states, like realy feeling it and not stressing about anything?
5. Do you procrastinate? Any particular work – evasion habits?
Not realy, i love all the parts of the creative process, but just struggle to get the time for it sometimes. ?